[Vtr-tac] Title Check Promotional Materials

Electronic Distribution of VTR Information to Texas Counties vtr-tac at extlists.txdmv.gov
Fri Mar 14 16:56:47 CDT 2014

As we approach the April 22, 2014, implementation date for NMVTIS, I want to update you on our Title Check public education initiative.
Attached you will find pdfs of the materials we plan to ship, beginning next week, to your offices from the Huntsville warehouse. Two of the items are available for use immediately and two of them are for distribution beginning on the go-live date of April 22. Here is what will be coming your way:

1.       Push Card: Don't Buy a Wreck. Do a Title Check. Buy that used vehicle with confidence. This is a 4x9-inch push card that you can distribute as soon as it arrives.

2.       Poster: Don't Buy a Wreck. Do a Title Check. You may display the posters as soon as they arrive. The poster directs customers to our website where NMVTIS is currently available for their use on the Title Check page.

3.       Customer Counter Card: "Dear Customer...." We are providing these as a transitional piece of information that your customer service representatives may hand to every customer who submits a title application beginning April 22. It lets customers know we are using NMVTIS and that the TxDMV is the responsible entity. It also encourages customers to check NMVTIS themselves. Since there is a lag time from application to notification if there is a problem, it is important to complete a customer self-check before purchasing a vehicle.

4.       Brochure: Title Check. This publication offers a more detailed explanation of why using Title Check to connect to NMVTIS before buying a vehicle is important. It also features a complete set of used vehicle buying tips that include some of the most frequently needed information such as the 130-U application, Vehicle Transit Permit, and being sure to title within 30-days of buying the vehicle.

In March, we will start placing a Title Check insert inside registration renewal notices. In April, we issue press releases and feature a Title Check video on the homepage of our website. In May, we begin airing public service announcements on English- and Spanish-language radio stations.
If you need additional print materials, please call your Regional Service Center manager. The Customer Counter Cards are in limited supply as this product is designed to simply help us get NMVTIS off the ground.

Thank you,

Randy Elliston, Director

Vehicle Titles and Registration Division

Texas Department of Motor Vehicles

If you have any comments or suggestions concerning this VTR communication process, please contact your local TxDMV Regional Service Center.

If you would like to see previous postings from the "VTR Electronic Archives," please visit http://extlists.txdmv.gov/pipermail/vtr-tac/.