[Vtr-tac] Greeting for the New Year

Electronic Distribution of VTR Information to Texas Counties vtr-tac at extlists.txdmv.gov
Mon Jan 13 12:55:30 CST 2014

I want to wish you all a Happy New Year and tell you I greatly appreciate your efforts on behalf of the Vehicle Titles and Registration Division.
With your help, we accomplished many things last year, including the launch of the webDEALER project. We look forward to rolling more dealers into the program this year and know many of you are excited about it coming to your counties.
We are also on the brink of fully implementing NMVTIS, or as we call it, Title Check.
We are preparing to update the TxDMV website to allow consumers to take advantage of the protection this service offers. Our website update should be complete by the end of the month, and want to encourage Texans to start using the program and spreading the word to friends and colleagues. We are hoping that when NMVTIS checks become mandatory in mid-April, many customers will have already learned to vet the vehicle themselves before buying a used vehicle and submitting their title paperwork.
In February, we will begin placing an insert about the program in registration renewal notices. We have an entire campaign planned for Title Check/NMVTIS, and I will be sharing more with you later.
Once again, thank you, and I am looking forward to working with you in 2014.
Sincerely,
Randy Elliston
VTR Division Director