[Vtr-tac] Registration and Title System (RTS) 7.4.0 Release

Electronic Distribution of VTR Information to Texas Counties vtr-tac at extlists.txdmv.gov
Wed Apr 2 16:07:51 CDT 2014

In prior communications, we provided you with information relating to the RTS 7.4.0 Release and the revised DTA Data Dictionary that was needed for you to update your software.  We would like to remind you that the software updates are mandatory with the RTS 7.4.0 Release that is scheduled for statewide release on April 22, 2014.

County tax assessor-collector offices have been provided with interim guidelines for processing transactions that do not contain the information required by the six new fields as provided in the Data Dictionary; however, these interim procedures are only in place until July 1, 2014.  Any DTA transactions that do not contain the required information, and have not been processed through RTS Point-of-Sale at a county tax assessor collector's office by July 1, will be rejected and sent back to the dealer.

Please ensure you provide the necessary updates to all users of DTA software on or immediately following April 22, 2014.

Thank you,

Randy Elliston, Director

Vehicle Titles and Registration Division

Texas Department of Motor Vehicles