[Vtr-tac] REMINDER - New URL for WebAgent-Subcontractor (WebSub)

Electronic Distribution of VTR Information to Texas Counties vtr-tac at extlists.txdmv.gov
Thu Apr 18 13:23:06 CDT 2013

We would like to remind you of the change to the internet address used to access the WebSub Web site. The internet address used to access a Web site is often abbreviated as "URL" and we will use this term throughout this listserv.
The WebSub Program Team and the Regional Service Center Managers have been working together to have counties and subcontractors test their ability to access two new URL's for the WebSub Web site. If the county or subcontractor was not able to access the new URL's, we asked that an IT change be made to allow this access.
Based on the results, we are able to move forward with implementing the first URL change. County staff and subcontractors should begin using the new https://apps.txdmv.gov/WebAgent URL immediately to login to WebSub to process registration renewals.
At midnight on April 21, the old URL www.txdmv.gov/WebAgent<http://www.txdmv.gov/WebAgent> will be turned off and starting Monday, April 22, all WebSub users must access WebSub using the new URL https://apps.txdmv.gov/WebAgent. Please be sure that any bookmarks or desktop shortcuts used for WebSub are updated to the new URL. If a subcontractor contacts you after April 22 and reports a problem accessing the WebSub Web site, please verify they are using the new URL https://apps.txdmv.gov/WebAgent before contacting the RTS Help Desk.
No change is necessary when logging into WebSub through a Registration and Title System (RTS) workstation. RTS has been programmed to launch the new URL and county staff approving batches of renewal transactions should continue to access WebSub as they always have.
User names and passwords will not change as a result of the URL changes. Any work processed in WebSub will remain in WebSub regardless of the URL changes.
We plan to move our permanent WebSub URL address sometime this summer and we will let you know the date as soon as it has been identified.
If you need technical assistance for WebSub, please contact the RTS Help Desk at 1-877-933-2020 or at VTR_RTS-Helpdesk at txdmv.gov<mailto:VTR_RTS-Helpdesk at txdmv.gov>.

Thank you,

Randy Elliston, Director
Vehicle Titles and Registration Division
Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
If you have any comments or suggestions concerning this VTR communication process, please contact your local VTR Regional Office.
If you would like to see previous postings from the "VTR Electronic Archives," please visit http://extlists.txdmv.gov/pipermail/vtr-tac/