[Vtr-tac] Special Plates Shipped in Error

Electronic Distribution of VTR Information to Texas Counties vtr-tac at extlists.dmv.state.tx.us
Thu Sep 2 09:13:38 CDT 2010

On August 25, 141 special plates were shipped in error to customers.

If customers who received direct shipment of the plates contact you
regarding this issue please:

·     Request the customer to return the plates to their local county
tax office.
·     Inform the customer that their plate is being remanufactured and
will be shipped directly to their home.  Remanufactured orders  were
submitted the week of September 1 and should arrive in customer’s home
in 14-16 business days.
·     Some customers may have had a 15-day Temporary Permit issued
which may expire while their plate is remanufactured. Please issue
another temporary permit to cover the extended time needed to correct
this issue.
·     Destroy the incorrect plates.

To assist you in determining which plates are involved, we have
attached a listing of the plate numbers.

We apologize for this inconvenience.  If you have any questions, please
contact your local Vehicle Titles and Registration Division Regional
Office.

Attachment

Thanks,

Mike

If you have any comments or suggestions concerning this VTR
communication process, please contact your local VTR Regional Office.

If you would like to see previous postings from the "VTR Electronic
Archives," please visit
http://extlists.dot.state.tx.us/pipermail/vtr-tac/ .

Mike Craig
Interim Director
Vehicle Titles and Registration Division, TxDMV
Email: mcraig1 at dmv.state.tx.us

Helping Texans Go.  Helping Texas Grow.