[Vtr-tac] My Plates Price Increase Letter

Electronic Distribution of VTR Information to Texas Counties vtr-tac at extlists.dmv.state.tx.us
Fri Oct 22 14:40:24 CDT 2010

The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) recently approved a My Plates specialty plate price increase. Programming was implemented so that the new and the renewal price increases occur on the same effective date: 12/2/2010.

TxDMV will be sending price increase letters to over 6,000 impacted customers. These letters are timed to arrive just before their registration renewal notices. The letters advise customers of their options. A sample letter is attached.

Starting this week, the letters will be sent to one-year My Plates plate customers whose vehicle registration expires in December.  We expect to continue to send these price increase letters to one-year My Plates customers every month through October 2011. Letters will not be sent to 5- and 10-year term My Plates customers.

County action will only be required if the impacted customer chooses not to renew at the new price and needs to select a new license plate.

Thanks,

Randy Elliston, Director
Vehicle Titles and Registration Division
Texas Department of Motor Vehicles

If you have any comments or suggestions concerning this VTR communication process, please contact your local VTR Regional Office.

If you would like to see previous postings from the "VTR Electronic Archives," please visit http://extlists.dot.state.tx.us/pipermail/vtr-tac/ .