[Vtr-tac] Important Information Concerning American Express Requests for W-9s from Counties Participating in IVTRS

Electronic Distribution of VTR Information to Texas Counties vtr-tac at extlists.dmv.state.tx.us
Tue Nov 9 08:53:54 CST 2010

This information is provided for IVTRS-participating counties.

On August 27, 2010, we sent you a listserv with the subject “Important
Information for Counties Participating in IVTRS”.  The Texas.gov vendor,
NICUSA (NIC), required all IVTRS-participating counties to complete a
Form W-9 and submit it to TxDMV prior to September 10, 2010.  We
received all W-9s from participating counties and forwarded them to NIC.
 NIC was responsible for coordinating with all appropriate credit card
companies, including American Express.

Some tax assessor-collectors have or may receive letters from American
Express requesting a new Form W-9.  These requests can be disregarded as
American Express has now received all applicable W-9s.

We want to thank you for your previous cooperation in meeting this
requirement.  If you have any questions or need additional information
please contact the VTR Help Desk at 1-877-933-2020.

Thanks,

Randy Elliston, Director
Vehicle Titles and Registration Division

If you have any comments or suggestions concerning this VTR
communication process, please contact your local VTR Regional Office.

If you would like to see previous postings from the "VTR Electronic
Archives," please visit
http://extlists.dot.state.tx.us/pipermail/vtr-tac/ .