[Vtr-tac] RTS Version 6.3.0, DTA Event Production Defect

Electronic Distribution of VTR Information to Texas Counties vtr-tac at extlists.dmv.state.tx.us
Wed Mar 31 16:46:21 CDT 2010

An RTS Version 6.3.0 production problem in the DTA event was revealed yesterday, March 30, 2010, as a result of an issue reported by Harris County.  Within the DTA event, the new expiration date is not being updated in mainframe records if the vehicle registration is in the renewal window and registration is extended.  The receipt and sticker are correct, but the record is not updated accordingly.

Our RTS programmers have identified a fix for this defect and are testing the fix now.  Our plan is to pilot the fix in Harris County tomorrow evening, Thursday, April 1, 2010, with statewide deployment scheduled for Friday evening, April 2, 2010.  In preparation for this deployment, please close out your respective workstations by 7:00 p.m. central time on April 2.

Mainframe programmers will identify and create an application to update affected records.  Some customers may have responded to a renewal notice with a subsequent renewal and will require a refund.  We believe there are less than 100 of these.  The Help Desk will contact each county with information about this last group of customers to help you coordinate processing any required refunds.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this defect and appreciate your patience and cooperation in working with our effected customers.  Please contact the Help Desk at 1-877-933-2020 if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks--Rebecca

If you have any comments or suggestions concerning this VTR communication process, please contact your local VTR Regional Office.

If you would like to see previous postings from the "VTR Electronic Archives," please visit http://extlists.dot.state.tx.us/pipermail/vtr-tac/ .