[Vtr-tac] Important Information for Counties Participating in IVTRS

Electronic Distribution of VTR Information to Texas Counties vtr-tac at extlists.dmv.state.tx.us
Wed Mar 31 15:17:37 CDT 2010

We'd like to start over in our communication regarding the requirements of the new TexasOnLine vendor, NICUSA (NIC).  We are relaying this information on behalf of NIC. These are their requirements. We are simply forwarding this information and trying to make it as easy as possible for you to complete.  These requirements only apply to credit card transactions being processed through TxOnline (IVTRS).

As this is the first vendor change since IVTRS was implemented, there are several steps that need to be completed. We attempted to relay the required information in multiple communications.  We regret any confusion this may have caused.

NIC will not use the same companies the previous vendor used for payment acceptance and distribution.  The new company Electronic Clearing House, Inc. (ECHO) will be used to process credit card payments.

Upon completion of these actions, there should be no degradation or delay in release of funds due to the vendor change.

The following is a checklist for counties to utilize to ensure timely completion of the necessary tasks:

______1) Return a completed Questionnaire A (and Merchant Identification Number). NOTE: The completed SAQ-A document must be returned to the TxDMV prior to April 30, 2010, to ensure uninterrupted participation in IVTRS.: Attachments A1 and A2

______2) Establish and maintain a written county policy on credit card security: Attachment B

_____3) Validate the test transaction ($.36 deposit and subsequent refund). NOTE: The confirmation form will be provided electronically. The county should print the form, sign, date, insert a contact phone number and return the signed form to the TxDMV via fax to 512-467-3994. TxDMV will then advise NICUSA to process refunds for the $0.36. The deadline for returning the test transaction confirmation forms is April 30th,: Attachment C

_____4) Establish User ID Numbers through the TPE USER SET-UP FORM for all individuals who will be accessing the new vendor's system to pull reports: Attachments D1 and D2

_____5) Participate in the webinar featuring the Transaction Processing Engine (TPE) and reports.

There are critical target dates to meet to ensure uninterrupted participation in IVTRS.  All steps must be completed by June 30th.  In an effort to ensure that the target dates are met, interim dates have been identified for return of certain items.  An explanation of why each of these steps is needed follows.

1)  To assist you in completion of the questionnaire, Attachment A1, we have completed all portions for you that could be completed by the TxDMV.  A critical piece of information required from the counties is the Merchant ID Number.  This number is the unique number assigned to each county when the county was initially set up for IVTRS participation.  If you cannot locate the number, the Help Desk can provide your county's unique number.  This information is confidential and TxDMV also has to comply with security requirements for the handling of information related to IVTRS.  To maintain compliance, TxDMV could not provide the number via listserv.  Please contact the Help Desk at 1-877-933-2020 if you cannot locate your county's Merchant ID Number.

The questionnaire must be signed by a county official.  County Commissioners Court was mentioned in our original communication because we knew that some counties may need to bring the document before the County Commissioners Court for approval.  The signatory is a decision that each individual county will decide.

2)  The written security policy is a requirement established by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.  If your county does not have a written policy, we have provided a sample for you.

3) By validating the test transaction you are confirming that the new vendor has appropriate county funds information.

4) To pull the reports, a User ID and password will be required.  This ID will be maintained by the vendor, not TxDMV. Each individual who will be accessing the new vendor's system must submit a TPE USER SET-UP FORM to receive a user identification number assigned by NIC.

5) Webinar training sessions provided by NIC will be offered to county personnel to assist you in the use of the new report process.  The announcement of these webinars will be made as soon as the dates and times have been finalized.

If you have any questions or need additional information please contact the VTR Help Desk at 1-877-933-2020.

Thanks--Rebecca

If you have any comments or suggestions concerning this VTR communication process, please contact your local VTR Regional Office.

If you would like to see previous postings from the "VTR Electronic Archives," please visit http://extlists.dot.state.tx.us/pipermail/vtr-tac/ .