[Vtr-tac] U.S. Government Form 97 - Wrong Year

Electronic Distribution of VTR Information to Texas Counties vtr-tac at extlists.dmv.state.tx.us
Thu Jun 3 13:27:15 CDT 2010

As an addendum to the ListServs sent on May 5, 2010 and May 19, 2010  on this subject, the U.S. General Services Administration (USGSA) has now notified VTR that they listed the incorrect year model on many of their Forms 97.  They have requested and we have agreed to accept the attached letterhead statement advising of the error in lieu of requiring corrected Forms 97.

The 10th digit of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is the year identifier and may be used to determine the correct year model.  In addition, the Form 130-U should state the correct year model and may be compared.  To support these transactions please attach a photocopy of the letter with each.

We apologize for any inconvenience for the multiple Listserv messages on this topic.

If you have any other questions or need any additional information, please contact your local Vehicle Titles and Registration Division Regional Office.

Thanks,

Mike

If you have any comments or suggestions concerning this VTR communication process, please contact your local VTR Regional Office.

If you would like to see previous postings from the "VTR Electronic Archives," please visit http://extlists.dot.state.tx.us/pipermail/vtr-tac/ .

Mike Craig
Interim Director
Vehicle Titles and Registration Division, TxDMV

Telephone: (512) 465-7593
FAX: (512) 467-5909
Email: mcraig1 at dmv.state.tx.us

Helping Texans Go.  Helping Texas Grow.