[Vtr-tac] Discontinuation of the IVTRS Internet Deposit Reconciliation Report (IDRR)

Electronic Distribution of VTR Information to Texas Counties vtr-tac at extlists.dmv.state.tx.us
Tue Aug 3 11:11:33 CDT 2010

This information is provided for IVTRS-participating counties.

I want to begin by thanking all of the counties participating in IVTRS
for making the Texas.Gov (formerly TexasOnline) transition to NIC’s
Transaction Processing Engine (TPE) and Electronic Clearing House, Inc.
(ECHO) as smooth as possible.  Change is sometimes difficult, but with
new technology and hard work it can be a positive experience for
everyone involved.

One of the new enhancements provided by NIC is the “Batch Summary
Report,” which includes totals by credit card type for all internet
renewal transactions that are ready for bank deposit.  The “Batch
Summary Report” runs overnight and is delivered by e-mail for
transactions occurring two days earlier.  With NIC’s TPE/ECHO
integration, the total of Discover, Visa, and MasterCard deposits from
the “Batch Summary Report” will equal the ECHO county bank deposit, and
the American Express credit card total from the “Batch Summary Report”
will be listed as an Amex deposit on the county’s bank statement.

While the Internet Deposit Reconciliation Report (IDRR) has had its
place as being useful to some counties, the effort in compiling the data
has been time consuming.   Since the new “Batch Summary Report” provides
the same information, the IDRR seems to have outlived its usefulness.
Rather than producing redundant reports, the IDRR will no longer be
provided to the counties effective August 17, 2010.

I hope that this change will not result in any undue anxiety for your
employees.  We will provide both reports for the next two weeks to
assist you in the transition.  Our Help Desk employees are prepared to
help you in any way they can. If you do not receive the “Batch Summary
Report” via e-mail, or if you have any other questions, please do not
hesitate to contact the RTS Help Desk for assistance at 512-302-2020 or
1-877-933-2020.

Thanks,

Mike

If you have any comments or suggestions concerning this VTR
communication process, please contact your local VTR Regional Office.

If you would like to see previous postings from the "VTR Electronic
Archives," please visit
http://extlists.dot.state.tx.us/pipermail/vtr-tac/ .
Mike Craig
Interim Director
Vehicle Titles and Registration Division, TxDMV
Email: mcraig1 at dmv.state.tx.us

Helping Texans Go.  Helping Texas Grow.