[Vtr-tac] Use of 130-U for Electronic Lien Title (ELT) Program

Electronic Distribution of VTR Information to Texas Counties vtr-tac at dot.state.tx.us
Fri Jul 24 08:55:40 CDT 2009

We went live statewide with the new Electronic Lien Title (ELT) program on Tuesday, July 21, 2009. As was mentioned in a previous ListServ, the ELT program has required a change in the Form 130-U (Application for Texas Certificate of Title) which is critical for you to be aware of.   We modified the form to accommodate two new fields:

*	16a - Electronic Title Request?
*	16b - Certified Lienholder ID No.:

Both of these fields must be completed if a request for an electronic lien title is received. The lienholder will provide their eleven digit TxDOT certified ID number to the dealer and item 16a should be marked *YES.*

Please Note:  The new Form 130-U with the revision date of *05/09* must be used for all electronic lien title requests beginning immediately.  Electronic lien title requests that come in on the old Form 130-U should be rejected.

While dealers will begin using the new form for electronic lien titles, we have asked them to please use as much of any existing stock of the older Form 130-U  as they can for paper title transactions until their current stock runs out.

If dealers use an electronic version of the Form 130-U, they are being asked to modify their version to match the new form.  Attached are two versions of the Form 130-U, a static version and a fillable version.

Note: The new version, *Rev. 05/09*, of Form 130-U still includes item 13. Applicant's/Additional Applicant's Social Security Numbers.  As discussed in our ListServ dated 07/02/2009, social security numbers (SSN) must no longer be acquired and entered on this form or into RTS.  This data field will be changed with the next revision of the form.

If you have any questions or need any additional information, please contact your local Vehicle Titles and Registration Division Regional Office.

  Thanks,

--Rebecca

If you have any comments or suggestions concerning this VTR communication process, please contact your local VTR Regional Office.

If you would like to see previous postings from the "VTR Electronic Archives," please visit http://extlists.dot.state.tx.us/pipermail/vtr-tac/ .