[Vtr-tac] Manufacture Errors on Some My Plates Designs

Electronic Distribution of VTR Information to Texas Counties vtr-tac at extlists.dmv.state.tx.us
Fri Dec 11 17:36:02 CST 2009

We recently discovered that some Texas 4 Ever, Lone Star Badge and *T* for Texas specialty license plates are being incorrectly manufactured with misaligned alphanumeric characters (see attached). VTR and My Plates are making programming changes and conducting testing so that future errors do not occur; however, some of these plates are already en route to your offices.

Please have the customer look at the plate before leaving your office.  If the character alignment does not match the customer*s My Plates* receipt, process as follows:
* assign the plate to the motor vehicle
* issue the registration sticker
* issue a VTR-24-SP Temporary Tag reflecting the new license plate number
* instruct the customer to call My Plates* at 888-769-7528 to request a no-charge remake

VTR and My Plates have set up an internal process to re-manufacture these plates.  Since the plate number has already been assigned to the vehicle, the corrected plates will be mailed directly to the customer*s mailing address rather than the tax office.

If you have any other questions or need any additional information please contact your local Vehicle Titles and Registration Division Regional Office.
Thanks,

--Rebecca

If you have any comments or suggestions concerning this VTR communication process, please contact your local VTR Regional Office.

If you would like to see previous postings from the "VTR Electronic Archives," please visit http://extlists.dot.state.tx.us/pipermail/vtr-tac/ .