[Vtr-tac] Collection of $25 Administrative Fee for Mechanic*s Lien Notifications

Electronic Distribution of VTR Information to Texas Counties vtr-tac at dot.state.tx.us
Tue Aug 25 10:22:09 CDT 2009

We have received several calls concerning our recent listserv *New Requirements for Mechanic*s Lien Notifications * SB543.*  One of the top subjects of these inquiries has been how the county tax offices will account for the receipt of the new $25 county administrative fee.  We are working on a long-term solution that will allow the counties to collect and account for the fee in RTS.

As a temporary workaround, we recommend that you account for the fee in RTS under *Accounting* and *Additional Collections/Time Lag.*  Under the fee description *Miscellaneous Fees*, add a remark into the *Reason* box to identify the transaction as *Mechanic Lien  VIN  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.*  The X*s being the actual vehicle identification number being referenced.

We ask that you contact your local VTR Regional Office if you have any questions concerning SB543.  This will provide the department with the ability to compile the questions and concerns you have and supply all of the county tax offices with timely and consistent answers.

If you have any other questions or need any additional information please contact your local Vehicle Titles and Registration Division Regional Office.

Thanks,

--Rebecca

If you have any comments or suggestions concerning this VTR communication process, please contact your local VTR Regional Office.

If you would like to see previous postings from the "VTR Electronic Archives," please visit http://extlists.dot.state.tx.us/pipermail/vtr-tac/ .