[Vtr-tac] Issues Relating to Titling and Registration of Golf Carts
Electronic Distribution of VTR Information to Texas Counties
vtr-tac at dot.state.tx.us
Fri Aug 14 15:22:00 CDT 2009
Please review and distribute as appropriate.
This is notification of the Department*s efforts to prevent the mailing of renewal notices for golf carts in accordance with House Bill 2553.
We have identified approximately 3200 exempt, titled and registered vehicles as golf carts. To prevent the generation of a renewal notice for these vehicles, a new legal restraint and remark will be placed on each vehicle*s record. In the remarks area, the following notations will display:
- *NO REG/TTL GC*
- *LEGAL RESTRAINT - CONTACT TXDOT (GLFCRT)*
As a reminder:
- Registrations issued to golf carts prior to September 1, 2009, will remain valid until expiration but will not be renewed at expiration.
- Law Enforcement will fully recognize and honor all existing golf cart registrations through their expiration date.
- Tax, title and registration fees paid prior to September 1, 2009, are non-refundable.
- Beginning September 1, 2009, golf carts cannot be titled or registered. This includes title and registration for exempt agencies.
- Agencies with Exempt License Plates on golf carts can keep the plates until December 31, 2009, after which they must be surrendered to the county tax assessor-collector.
If you determine that a vehicle is a golf cart and the notations mentioned above are not on the vehicle record, please do not renew the registration and notify your VTR Regional Office.
A letter explaining this change in law is attached and will be mailed to all affected vehicle owners. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we attempt to identify these vehicles in order to comply with the law. Thank you.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Vehicle Titles and Registration Division Regional Office.
If you have any comments or suggestions concerning this VTR communication process, please contact your local VTR Regional Office.
If you would like to see previous postings from the "VTR Electronic Archives," please visit http://extlists.dot.state.tx.us/pipermail/vtr-tac/ .
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: GC customer letter-merge 8-13-09.pdf
Size: 22344 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the VTR-TAC